What does the future hold for UK contact centres?
2020 has seen huge changes to UK contact centres, but what do they mean for the future of customer contact?
With insights built on hard data, the 18th annual edition of the ContactBabel “The UK Contact Centre Decision-Makers’ Guide“, sponsored by Enghouse Interactive, is the largest and most comprehensive study of UK customer contact operations.
Covering remote working, digital service, customer experience, AI, omnichannel, technology, salaries, attrition and strategy, this report is the primary source of real information about what is happening right now in UK contact centres.
Download the report to gain insights into major considerations that affect the contact centre industry.
Some of the report’s findings include:
- The average cost of an inbound call is £4.55 – 11% more than email and 77% more than web chat
- 69% of UK contact centres now use at least one cloud-based application
- Web chat usage has risen by 58% over the past year
- 42% of contact centres reported a drop in service levels due to the pandemic
- 74% of UK contact centre agents are still based at home
- 92% of businesses say that AI will be important to their contact centre
Read the full report to find out more.
Why read this report?
The report not only identifies major pain points that affect the contact centre industry, but more importantly, it offers specific solutions that can be used to solve these issues. These valuable insights will help you to:
- Align your contact centre with your customers’ expectations
- Achieve cost savings without compromising customer experience
- Successfully implement new technologies such as AI
Furthermore, the report shows CX and contact centre professionals:
- How the pandemic has affected the UK contact centre industry
- The effect of today’s omnichannel and cloud environment on the customer experience
- What the customer of the future will look like
- Use cases for AI in the contact centre
The report is based on surveys with 233 UK organisations and 1,000+ interviews with UK consumers. Findings are reported by vertical market and contact centre size, so you can compare your performance and plans with organisations like yours.