Housing Association digital channels
Social housing provider, ForHousing, owns and manages 24,000 homes in North-West England, and delivers housing management services for other landlords. Part of the ForViva Group, they focus on improving lives for their communities, customers, and staff, along with delivering affordable accommodation for their tenants.
ForHousing are passionate about the service they provide to their tenants. Back in 2016, most of their customer interactions were predominately voice-based. With calls on the rise ForHousing wanted a scalable “single pane of glass” solution. One that would integrate with critical business applications and support new digital channels, such as webchat, emails and social media. All helping to relieve the pressure on call handlers and resolve tenants’ queries more quickly and efficiently.
“We also wanted to support additional capabilities including skills-based call-routing, and the ability to take card payments and not record, which together would allow us to offer an even more efficient service to our tenants.” Angela Worthington, Group Assistant Director of Customer Experience, ForViva (parent company of ForHousing)
Each new request had to be submitted to the IT team which made it difficult to be reactive to anything. ForHousing decided to go out to tender to find a solution that could deliver
on their requirements.
Their existing contact centre solution did not offer the functionality needed to support this new initiative. Moreover, it was also inflexible when it came to making small changes to the system such as rerouting calls or putting a recorded message in place.
Working with their IT partner, Amillan, they selected the Enghouse Interactive Communications Center solution. Enghouse Interactive Communications Center provides multi-channel capability, giving tenants greater choice in how they engage with ForHousing. To complement Enghouse Interactive Communications Center, ForHousing also implemented the Enghouse Interactive Quality Management suite (QMS), including call recording and score card functionality to monitor agents performance, and the Teleopti workforce management tool.
The initial Customer Service Centre implementation had around 40 users. With Enghouse Interactive Communications Center in place, Amillan has helped ForViva bring onboard over 100 additional users and extend the use of multimedia throughout when it bought Liberty Group, scaling Enghouse Interactive Communications Center to accommodate this growth. ForViva was quick to see positive results.
- Communications Center
- Quality Management Suite
- Supports a one-stop-shop, enabling ForHousing to have a single point of contact for contact centre solutions and applications
- Provides greater visibility of customer and agent interactions through call and screen recording, helping to deliver coaching in real-time
- Makes it easier to onboard agents and extend the use of multimedia across the organisation, as well as setting up new queues for emails, etc
- Seamlessly integrates with chat bots, web bots, virtual assistants
- Supports a wide range of business applications including skills-based call routing and the ability to remain PCI compliant when taking card payments
Find out how we can help Housing Associations:
- Manage rising call volumes
- Support new digital channels
- Enhance the customer experience for tenants